I'm not going to lie...I had some major doubts about this move. My heart was racing the entire time that I watched from downstairs. After 30 minutes of deliberation between perhaps too many engineering minds, the men finally decided how they were going to do it. In the end they followed the same advice as explained by President Uchtdorf:
"As they stood around the piano, uncertain of what to do next, a good friend of mine, Brother Hanno Luschin, spoke up. He said, “Brethren, stand close together and lift where you stand.”
It seemed too simple. Nevertheless, each lifted where he stood, and the piano rose from the ground and moved into the cultural hall as if on its own power. That was the answer to the challenge. They merely needed to stand close together and lift where they stood."
Does anyone know how to tune a piano?
Nice! So happy to hear all went so well for your move--especially that last part with the piano!! (I loved your use of President Uchdorf's talk , too. He is one of my faves.)How's the new place?? Where are you guys now? Still in SB? Goleta? Summerland? We need to see pics of your new place...!Congrats on your move, Cousins. Love you!
ReplyDeleteYour piano looks a lot like mine! But I think yours is probably in better shape. Mine could use a bit of work on the finish, plus a good tuning. I love that talk from President Uchtorf too. He's so wonderful. How neat to have your own personal "lift where you stand" experience.
ReplyDeletethat piano crushed my will to live
ReplyDeleteSo glad you got pictures of the Great Piano Move. Also glad I didn't have to watch. I think the stress would have been too much for me. Have fun in your new apartment!
ReplyDelete