Saturday, May 7, 2011

slab

I went rock climbing with my coworkers on Thursday. Jacquie's piano student had to cancel on her so she was even able to join us. We went to Gibraltar and climbed on the south face on the route called "The Ladder." It begins as a 5.4 for the first half and then transitions to a 5.8. And yes, much like its name, the route seems to be about as challenging as climbing a ladder. But we had a blast anyway. It was a lot of fun. The day was beautiful and warm and surprisingly calm. You could see the marine layer intruding into Goleta and Santa Barbara. . The only bad part about the day was the flock of pestering flies that bombarded us as we tried to belay.

With minimal prodding Jacquie even got in on some of the action. In the last photo you can see her about 50 feet up. Go Jacquie!

1 comment:

  1. MAN! Do I miss this! I think I'm going to start urban rock climbing where I just climb up dilapidated old buildings.

    ReplyDelete